An initial 20-minute session is complementary. The therapy relationship is one of the strongest predictors of therapy success so it’s important to see if we’re a good match, meaning there is a sense of connection and you feel heard and understood.
Our first sessions focus on deeply understanding you, your situation, and desired goals. Each person brings an intricate tapestry of experiences, relationships, beliefs, and subconscious patterns. We’ll explore these areas, discover barriers to your best self, and begin new ways of relating to yourself, others, and the larger world.
A nourishing setting is important to your healing. This includes our relationship and the physical environment. Nature is a powerful healer and is infused into the sanctuary in which we meet. Some people opt for hiking or walking sessions as therapy progresses.
For those who prefer, I offer online therapy sessions through a fully HIPAA compliant platform.
Fees & Payment
I aim to keep my fees affordable within the range of the psychology profession. Individual therapy sessions last 50 minutes at a rate of $100. Longer sessions can be arranged for an additional fee. Group sessions range from $40 to $75. Payment is due at the beginning of each session in the form of cash, check, credit card, mobile pay, or health savings/flexible spending account cards. You may also pay online prior to your session using the button below.
Please provide 48-hour notice for cancellations so that I may offer the time slot to another client. Otherwise, you may be financially responsible for your reserved time. Exceptions are made due to illness and emergency.
I am an out-of-network provider, meaning I do not participate directly with insurance panels. I find they limit therapeutic options, collect client information I consider extremely sensitive, and require me to spend substantial time filing claims and making phone calls.
I am happy to supply you with a superbill (a type of receipt) to submit for out-of-network coverage (some reimburse up to 80%). Please check with your insurance company in advance by asking the following when you call the number on the back of your insurance card:
- What percentage is reimbursed for each out-of-network psychotherapy session? (CPT billing code 90834)
- Is there a limit on the number of sessions covered per calendar year?
- Do I need to meet a deductible before I can receive reimbursement?
- Do I need preauthorization for psychotherapy or a referral from my primary care physician?
A note about insurance: Documentation sent to health insurance companies becomes part of an individual’s permanent record. Some people do not want a mental health diagnosis on their record. You can check with your insurance carrier whether you can use your health savings or flexible spending account without providing such information. If needed, I can generate a superbill minus the diagnostic code.
Confidentiality & Privacy
The relationship between a client and a psychologist is protected by law. Information cannot be disclosed without written permission. The exceptions to this protection are:
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- Intention/threat to harm another person. The law requires that I notify the intended victim and the police.
- Imminent risk for suicide. Many people have thoughts of killing themselves or wanting to die. However, when someone reveals an intent to take their own life, I coordinate with the individual to get them to a higher level of care. If the person is unwilling, I am authorized by law to take further steps to ensure safety.